Wednesday, July 21, 2010
It's A Long Season and Getting Longer
I checked the stumps today on both pumpkin plants and found a problem with the 1161 plant. There was the very beginnings of some rot around the base of the stump. I cleaned up the area, pulled a touch of dirty from around the stump, cleared out some leaves in the area of the stump so it could get more sun and put on a 30% dilution of bleach to kill whatever is eating at it and then patted it dry. This year has sure been a battle. My first season was nearly trouble free except for some minor hail damage. If I can have a pumpkin to take to the scale at the end of the season it will be called a success.
Posted by Jamie Johnson at 7/21/2010 03:49:00 PM